Here, subject to turnout, and thanks to generous backing from the sponsors Preston Innovations, we will pay out over £11,000 in cash with nine pairs being paid out. The winning pair will walk away with £4,000 and the prestigious Preston Innovations Pole Fishing Pairs trophy.
The rules are simple: each match is pole only, carp don’t count (F1s do) and the only baits allowed are maggots, corn, casters, pinkies, worms, bloodworm and joker, and groundbait.
Each qualifying match will be split in half, with you and your partner each fishing a different section. The contest will be decided on cumulative weight, so whatever weight you catch will be added to your partner’s weight, and the three pairs with the biggest weight from each round will make it through to the final.
Tickets available now at:
• October 22nd, Barston Lakes
• November 5th, Barston Lakes
• November 12th, Aston Ponds
• November 19th, Woodlands Thirsk
• November 26th, Tunnel Barn Farm
• December 3rd, Gold Valley Lakes
• December 10th,Gold Valley Lakes
• December 10th, Lindholme Lakes
• January 21st, 2017, Weston Pools
• January 28th, 2017, Tunnel Barn Farm
• Grand Final: Woodland View Fishery, March 4th, 2017